Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Starting on the Interior!






Well I've started tearing the interior apart. I'm not a fan of the blue inside so I've been respraying everything. I would eventually like to swtich completely to a grey interior so I started on all of the hard plastic stuff. Good prep is essential to success. I am using rubbing alcohol and a rag to thouroghly clean everything before it's painted. Then I use 3-4 coats of primer, followed by 3-4 coats of paint, then 3-4 coats of clear. This is all dependent on how well each piece looks as I go. I'm definitely not a fan of the factory woodgrain, so I shot the gauge cover in black. I am trying to salvage the dash cover by covering it in a gray vinyl, but it may be too far gone to save. I did manage to repair the cracked center console with some plastic welder. This stuff works great but make sure you wear some protection, the fumes alone will knock you out!


No comments: